Monday, August 19, 2013

8/19/13

Hey!!!!!!
 
This week has been a crazy one to say the least so ill try to put it all in if i can. oh! we already got transfers! it was crazy because we got them on Friday night when we normally get them on Tuesday the next week so that was crazy. Ill be staying in Centre for my third! it's so crazy but nice at the same time. I'm in the nicest apartment in the world so I'm kind of getting spoiled but oh well! Elder Bland is going down to be a district leader in Jelgava which he's so excited for. I'm so excited to be done training! so much more time for real missionary work. My new companion is Elder Mckay Christenson and I love him to death. he'll get here in a couple days but because the Latvian missionaries are such a small group, you really get to know all of us ha he's an awesome guy and I'm so excited to start my third with him! I have some plans to change things up here in this area to get the work moving faster which I'm excited to do but ill let you know about those when the time comes. This area has been in a bit of a rut for the past little bit because of SO much monotony that the Elders follow that live here. As you know, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of monotony so that's going to get flipped upside down starting in a couple days. ill let you know how it goes!
 
It's crazy to think that ill hit my 6 month mark in this transfer but at the same time I've already learned so much. With Arvis, things have been going well but his parents still wont allow him to be baptized until he's 18 which is a big bummer seeing as how that wont happen until February. We had a meeting with him this week and we wanted to talk about things we could do to help his parents be more accepting. When I was explaining the importance of baptism I had the feeling like I needed to ask him if this was something he really wanted to do before he was 18, which brought a bit of a discouraging response. He told me that he feels like this waiting period is what God wants him to do to make sure he really knows this. He said that he really wouldn't be all that upset if he had to wait another 5-6 months. I sat and thought for a while trying to find a way to help him understand that that specifically is what Satan wants him to do. I didn't know how to say it and I didn't want to tear down his thought process in a harsh way so I resulted into asking him if he had prayed about a baptism date. He replied that he had not so we challenged him to do that and pay attention to his feelings. We told him that Heavenly Father was just waiting to pour out all these blessings to him and that all he needed to do was to be baptized. He agreed and now we've been praying like crazy for help and guidance. Ill keep you posted!
 
On a bit lighter note, GUESS WHAT!? so my apartment is 4 stories up and has an incredible view. This week I was in the study reading the scriptures and all the sudden there was a man directly outside our window!! Keep in mind we are a solid 50 ft (ish I cant really tell to be honest) up and there's just this man walking on air outside our window! I freaked out for a second and then realized they were doing construction on the outside of our building and had built a scaffolding directly outside our window. We went to see more of what they were doing and when the night time came they had built this tower about a foot and half outside our window and had built it all the way to the top of our building which is wicked tall. Now, I know what you're thinking. That's no big deal to put a stable tower directly outside an incredibly responsible 19 year old's window right?
 
There's not much else going on here yet but be looking for that to change. This transfer is going to be one for the books with Elder Christenson and I and you'll be able to be here for the whole thing! I love you all and I cant wait to hear more from you! you're the best!!!!!!!!
 
-Elder Webb

No comments: