Monday, August 19, 2013

8/12/13

Hey everybody!!!!!!!
Goodness you guys are the best. Thank you all so much for your emails. One of the downsides to email is that I only get an hour and a half and that's it. If you write me a dear elder or a real letter I'll do my best to send back a personal letter. That's much easier to do. Anyway, HI! It was so nice to hear from you all this week. I love love love reading all of your letters.
Basically this week has been a quick one. I cant believe how fast time flies out here and before you know I'll be right back here emailing you guys again. Sorry I wasnt on earlier today but my schedule is a bit strange. Elder Bland and I are helping with a YSA BBQ all day and that's taking up a lot of time so President asked us to do our Monday morning like any other day and then start P-day later on. I'm super excited to go to this BBQ though because the youth here are incredible. Some of the strongest testimonies I've ever seen. The teenages here and young 20 year olds literally are the only Mormon's anyone else has ever seen here in Latvia and they get persecuted for it loads. Drinking and smoking are so rampant here that you're looked at like a weirdo. Honestly it's a bit horrifying when you see a young mother pushing her stroller with a beer in one hand and a cigerette in the other. It really is just a way of life here but I'm trying to fix that. I've found out that being bold is exactly what we need to do as missionaries. I've found that most people really do want to quit but just dont know how. Some of them have been smoking since they were 8 years old (no joke at all) and think that it's something that's just as needed as water. I HATE IT. No worries though, I'll have all of Latvia cigerette free probably by the end of this week...hahaha I can try at least.
We're still working with Arvis because he's incredible. His step mother still hasnt given permission but it'll come soon. I had him draw me one of my favorite scriptures last week (he's an incredidle artist) Alma 62:20. IT'S so SICK. I love it. He's almost finished the BOM now and he's just continuing to grow. Honestly he's teaching us the lesson.  Man I just love all the members here and I cant wait for you to meet them all.
My language is coming along really well I think but it still needs loads of work. I think at the start of this next transfer I'll start SYLing all day everyday as much as I can. It really helps so much.
IM SO GLAD THE HOUSE IS SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can check that one off of the prayer list!  We really needed that to happen so I'm super happy.
It sounds like you're all doing so great and I love it so much. :) love you guys
What else is new with life?  What are plans for school????  Who are everyone°s teachers?  Oh, Dad I did get your dear elder this week. Thank you so much!!!  You have a letter on the way.  Alex, you better write out that big long email in a dear elder this week!  no slacking!(bad doggy).  Nathan, quit being a bum and just writing "hey, you online?" I want to know how my older brother is doing!!!!!! Let me know!  Buzzy and Lizzy, come on :)  Mom, thanks a million for all the letters and packages and stuff!  I love getting all of them.  Court, thanks a million for the email and I cant wait to get your dear elder!  You're the best sister in law ever!  EMILY!!!!!! hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! send me an email so I can get your address!!!
Anyway, I love you all loads and I'll write another letter for you all today if I can. If not I will do it sometime this week. Thanks for all the support you give me!  I wouldnt be able to make it out here as happy as I am without you guys back home giving me that happiness. Best.Family.Ever!
 
-Elder Connor Webb

No comments: