Tuesday, July 16, 2013

7/7/13

hey everybody! I'm down to my last couple minutes this week but I thought I'd share an experience with you. About a week ago my companion and I were at the church and we found a random number in our planner. My companion decided to call and set up an appointment and it turned out to be a young teenage guy named Arvis that wanted to meet the very next hour. This was Friday and we were just going to go contacting so we set up the appointment. He wasn't super enthusiastic the first time we met but wanted to meet again. The next day he came to a YSA BBQ thing we had all day and then even proceeded to come to church the next day for all 3 hours! We've met every day this week with him and he's getting baptized this month! The only hold up is that his parents really aren't supportive of us and refuse to allow him to be baptized but I feel really confident that their hearts will be softened. We're actually going to meet with his parents this week. The 17 year old kid is incredible. He's halfway through the book of Mormon already and comes to church every week. He texted us last night and sent a super long message telling us all about his new found faith in Christ. Definitely keep him in your prayers! Today I'm going biking with some missionaries out to the caves in the countryside and I'm sure there will be loads of pictures to follow. Thanks for all the support and I promise you that I can feel it here when I'm starting to have a rough day. I'll send a picture of something I've found that really helps. It was something Bryson Toth said in his homecoming talk years ago but it came to mind and now I absolutely love it. I love you all so much and you're smiles and prayers make me so happy!  You're the best! 

-Elder Webb

P.S. Learn how to cook while you can at home. Long story short, my companion and I almost burned down our house this week...hahaha oops! 
 






No comments: